HI THERE AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
Turning 30 has given me permission to focus on what I think of me more than what others think of me. Having said that, I am a work in progress and improving who I am is a top priority.
My name is Alet and if you live anywhere outside of the borders of South Africa (or the Netherland) you may need some help with the pronunciation. Here’s how I break it down, start by saying “A Letter” but stop at Let. A-Let :)
I started blogging in 2007 as a single mom to Logan. In 2010 I met my soon to be ex-husband and had a baby the following year. I grew up and I stopped writing- I stopped writing about what really matters. In all honesty, I was scared of what other would think or say. Writing became an exhausting tasking of reading and rereading and making sure no-one would take offence or think funny of me. Most of my pre-2010 archives have been filed away safely for my eyes only. But it’s time to turn the page and start with something I should never have stopped.
Here’s the basics:
- Boy mom to Logan (11) and Oliver (5)
- By day I work in business systems within the tourism industry
- Industrial psychology student who will continue to study as long and hard as I can
- Trying to be a healthier me & banter
- Newbie Capoeirista
- Passionate about equipping people to be better versions of themselves
- Passionate about being the best me, I can be
- Saved by Grace
I believe it’s a journey. And I’m open to sharing any tips I pick up along the way.
If you’re still curious, read this posts, it includes a couple of photos of me as a kid and teenager.