contemplating. my goals for the month of August
Accomplishment of the month
24 hours without coffee. Here’s to hoping the dull headache will dissipate soon!
— Alet Swart (@alet202) August 16, 2016
I have managed to abstain from coffee for two full weeks this month. Now if you are a cup or two kind of girl, then I get that this isn’t really an accomplishment. But if your beverage of choice and staple is coffee – this is a serious milestone. I have incorporated coffee in my diet again, but I am trying to limit it to a cup or two and green tea for the rest.
Out and About
The month has been quiet for the most part…
- Dinner and a dodgy pub with my bestie
- A heart to heart with a lovely lady that has been through a tough time, divorce, raising two daughter by herself, recently retrenched and thriving. Dreaming. Working hard. Planning and definitely going places!
- Logan had their annual boxcar derby at school and I was super impressed with the schools organisation, the creativity of the kids (and parents) and the general pleasantries.
August the Good
- The Lion & Bear Project is slowly making progress
- Worship week at church
- A business breakfast that left me filled with hope and inspiration
- A boy Schnauzer that found a new home with us. The kids are thrilled and Brutus, the Basset seems well pleased as well.
August the Bad
- Oliver’s Bronchitis
- Car trouble. We’ve had a bit of wear and tear issues on the car, including a fan belt, a water-pump and an alternator bearing.
- Never ending Telkom issues – my intermittent connectivity issues became full blown no connection and it has been two weeks of fighting – without any luck.
- Tight deadline, at work and with my studies
August the Ugly
- The ugly cry and trying to keep my emotion in tact instead of, all over the place. I should allow myself the grace to be all over.
- Oliver’s school concert
- Bethel Music SA Tour on the 15th of September
- The A21 Freedom Walk on the 15th of October