My word for 2014 is plan. Planning doesn’t come naturally to me, I am impulsive, impatience and when I put my mind to something I push. Generally way too hard and everything tumbles to pieces or I simply end up in a slump where I cannot get myself out of.
Pushing is a good thing, but naturally when it comes to weigh-loss, I need to pace myself. I need to push myself for much longer without giving up. I can honestly say I’ve already done a couple of things wrong and learnt a couple of lessons.
- I didn’t weigh / measure / took a before image like I said I would. Need to do it this weekend
- I weighed myself on Saturday and learnt I only lost 0.6kg in two weeks
- I hit the slump, despite keeping a food diary and counting loads of steps, I only lost 0.6kg compared to what I weighed at the beginning of December (i.e. pre-Christmas, pre-holidays) I know, pre-Christmas, still :(
- I continued exercising / food journaling but I know this week was half-hearted. Build momentum again, I can do it
- I know I didn’t plan our meals the way I want to. No excuses
- I know my behaviour this week was that of an emotional eater, K and I are fighting and it affects me very negatively. Sort it out, if only it was that easy… no excuses
- This was a draining week. Logan started Grade 1 in the Afrikaans school, I have been on my nerves & worrying constantly. Everything sounds positive, Logan looks happy, so hopefully, things will settle over the weekend and in next week. Pick up and move forward
I know this is a journey.
A tough one that I may fail at often. Writing it all down, mistakes, failures and hopefully successes and results will make my life easier in the long run. I know. Now is the time to shine!