November was a right off. In the end I started the month a kilo down from where I started, so not all bad!
I’m a couple of kilos away from the 20 kg weight loss mark. In hope of ending the year twenty kilograms lighter than I started, I have decided to make the following my aim for the month of December:
- The last two weeks I have managed to achieve amazing results. I achieved these by eating 2 meals a day and fasting between meals. That implies eating my breakfast around 9am and waiting until 7pm to have dinner. The 10 hour fast at first was tough but truth be known, we eat way too much. Also, the fasting helps the body to get into a state of ketosis, where the body gets energy from your own body fat rather than food / carbohydrates consumed. And that is totally amazing! Read more about ketosis and weightloss, here
- Cappuccino’s. I love a cappuccino! Most of my life I’ve told myself I don’t like the cream. What a lie, the cream is glorious, especially now that it is known that it is good for me. The problem with a cappuccino is that it has lots of milk and milk = carbs. So my aim for the month of December (and I had this down to a T a couple of months ago) is to swop the cappuccino for an Americano with pouring cream.
- Alcohol. I’m not a big fan of white wine. And red wine isn’t exactly a refreshing afternoon, in the heat of the day drink. So we end up drinking vodka and Tab. I think it is time to swop the Tab with soda water and add a slice of lime and see how that goes. All we really want is a refreshing no carb alternative.
- Staying active. Does Virgin Active’s classes continue right through the festive season? I love the early morning Pilates class I attend 3 times a week, but I have a sinking feeling it will be cancelled over the festive season. Which means I will need to change my focus for the month and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Here’s the plan:
- Stay active with the kids – swim / hike / go to the park
- Get back into the jogging.
- Work towards a 50 minute row, so I can tick it off my 30 before thirty list.
- Plan meals. The holiday season is filled with over-sized meals cooked days in advance and people live from meal to meal. I am going to have to try and space out the meals around Christmas time in such a way that I don’t gain 3 kilos. Wish me luck!
- Staying away from sugar